Below is the start of the best piece of work I’ve ever done.
At least that’s what I tell myself every time I put up a new canvas. It happens rarely but I’m constantly looking for that one painting that tells me I’ve moved on to the next level. I love my craft and getting better is what drives me to keep painting. Of course I’d paint the perfect painting if I could but since that isn’t gonna happen I’m just gonna to do the best I can every time . I guess it would be optimal if the last painting an artist ever painted was the best he/she ever did.
And now….. It seems I’ve been tagged. 🙂
Barbara Muir did the deed and what follows is all truth but not all of the truth. We are of course what our secrets are so I’ll steer clear of darkest things. mwa ha ha ha, And with these seven bits of information I’ll let you all in on some things you don’t know about the fella on this side of the monitor. Do I hear chains rattling?
1. I’m German, or part German rather, and my German ancestors migrated to this country in the 1700’s and were part of the original group founding Germantown. Their name in “the old country” was Keuster. The spelling when they arrived here was changed to spell like Kuster and later was again changed to Custer. General George Custer is a distant uncle of my grandfather, Clarence Custer.
2. I can hold a grudge. No surprise to some of you. Mwa ha ha. 🙂
3. I spent a few years in my youth at Colorado Boys Ranch at LaJunta Colorado. A couple of really cool people recently wrote a book about things that have happened there over the years and I’ve got my own personal chapter. I did the painting for the cover.
4. I have a daughter, a son in law, and two grandsons. I wonder if they know how much I love them.
5. My middle name is Wayne.
6. Some of my favorite musical artists are, Back Door Slam <—-(look these guys up), Eric Clapton, Elton John, the Beatles, Neal Diamond, Vivaldi, Kenny Wayne Shepard (with a name like Wayne ya can’t be all bad), Willy Nelson and Stevie Ray to name just a few. My favorite song is Amazing Grace.
7. I dig my wife.
Here are the rules for being tagged.
You need to:
1. Put a link in your posting to the person who tagged you.
2. List 7 unusual things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 other bloggers at the end of your post and comment
on their blogs to let them know.
Now I am to tag seven others. Assuming of course they want to play. Thing is it’s already getting late and I really need to work on that painting for a couple of hours. I”ll finish this tomorrow evening.
Tick, tick tick tick………
Tick Tick tick………..
Hey! So far so good. Not bad for an old guy! 🙂
It seems I have the same problem I had before. I have to tag seven people and see if I can get them to play. My weekly post goes out to a lot of people but I still really don’t know that many blogging artists. So…………I’m going to name the one I can and hope for a response. And as I understand participation is voluntary so lets roll the dice and see what shakes out.
My friend Coni Grant is the only blogging artist I know who hasn’t been tagged or has done any tagging so that is my list. Coni’s blog is a good read so take a look at her post and enjoy what you find.
Here are a couple of sites belonging to people who have probably been tagged all over the place. Barbara Muir and Theresa Rankin. Both are wonderful people and both are wonderful painters. Take a look please.
Also there is a comment just added to a post from several weeks ago. Susiehyer (she paints with Doug and me sometimes) has a web site and posted a comment in “Lone Oak”. When you’re out running around the net take a look at her site.This girl can paint!!
And now I return to the easel. Wish me luck!!